A little delicious sweet treat should always have place in our lives from time to time. So this time, I decided to create a soft and light cream with chocolate, pears and some cashew nuts. For the extra refreshing touch to balance out the sweet and creamy mousse, I decided to serve it with some filleted oranges and grapefruits. It gives you this little kick of sourness.
So if you have some time and you fancy something sweet, try this mousse. Perfect for the warmer days in winter – or anytime you want it!
- 50g dark chocolate, in small pieces
- 30g cashew nuts
- 3 dl milk*
- 1 pear, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 tsp agar-agar
- 3 dl cream*
- 1 orange and 1 grapefruit, filleted
* for a vegan option, use plant-based milk and plant-based cream!
1. Cook your cashew nuts and the pear in 2 dl milk for about 10 minutes until they are soft. Mix the nuts and pear with the milk until you get a smooth texture.
2. Put it all back on the stove with the last 1 dl of milk and agar-agar to cook for another 1-2 minutes. Now add the chocolate to melt it in the hot mixture. Add as much sugar as you want until it’s sweet enough for you. Then let it all cool down.
3. In the meantime, you can beat the cream until stiff and fillet the orange and grapefruit.
4. When the chocolate mixture is cool, mix in about 1/4 of the whipped cream. Fold the other 3/4 gently under the cream and put it in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Finally you can serve it with the filleted fruit on a nice plate. Enjoy!
pictures by myself